Dr Emma Rae Rhead. Medical Hypnotherapist and Hypno-Psychotherapist
Fellow of the Royal Society of Medicine
Council Member for the Hypnosis and Psychosomatic Medicine Section
Qualified Medical Doctor registered with the General Medical Council
Emma has more than 25 years clinical experience helping others overcome life's most challenging issues and she can help you too.
As a Medical Hypnotherapist who is also a Qualified Medical Doctor, she manages a successful private practice providing professional, integated Hypnotherapy and Hypno-Psychotherapy services to clients throughout the UK and internationally. Her established practice receives regular referral from NHS Hospital Consultants, GPs and other health professionals. Clients consult her in her Chester Hypnotherapy practice, at her practice in Harley Street Hypnotherapy London and also Rodney Street Liverpool.
Dr Rhead is a Fellow of the Royal Society of Medicine and also a Member of Council of the Hypnosis and Psychosomatic Medicine Section (Royal Society of Medicine).
Frustrated by the lack of a holistic mind-body approach within the western 'medical model' of healthcare, Emma began her first therapy training in 1998 alongside her NHS Medical Doctor career. Having been fascinated by Hypnosis since her first successful personal experience 35 years ago!, Dr Rhead chose to leave an established medical career in 2005 to pursue full-time her private therapeutic practice; it remains by far her most rewarding career move to date.
Dr Rhead is a compassionate dynamic interventional practitioner experienced in Hypnotherapy, Medical Hypnosis, Hypno-Psychotherapy, Hypno-Analysis, Integrative Psychotherapy, Solution Focused Therapy, Brief Strategic Therapy, Mindfulness Based Therapy, Inner Child Therapy, Mind-Body Therapy, Counselling, Stress Management, Holistic Health Coaching, Holistic Chronic Disease Management . You can read more about why Dr Rhead skills are unique here at Why Choose Me?
Her post-graduate education includes training with the National College of Hypnosis and Psychotherapy (who provide training equivalent to Masters level, and are one of the longest established schools of Hypnotherapy / Hypno-Psychotherapy in the UK and a recognised centre of excellence accredited by the UK Council for Psychotherapy (UKCP)), the Manchester Institute for Psychotherapy and the American School of Clinical Hypnosis. She is one of only a few therapists in the UK to have been awarded the European Certificate in Clinical Hypnosis which is a life award recognising substantial (over 1200 hours) training and experience in the art and science of Hypno-Psychotherapy.
She is a member of the British Society of Clinical and Academic Hypnosis (BSCAH) which is a professional organisation exclusively registering doctors, dentists, psychologists and other health professionals who are trained in the use of clinical hypnosis.
Emma is a Senior Practitioner with the General Hypnotherapy Standards Council and a member of the National Council for Hypnotherapy, National Council of Psychotherapists and the National Society of Hypnotherapy, Psychotherapy and Mindfulness.
Qualifying as a Medical Doctor in 1994 (Liverpool), Dr Rhead has over a decades experience as a NHS Doctor working predominantly within Hospital Medicine (Coronary Care, Respiratory Medicine, Gastroenterology, Elderly, Accident and Emergency, Neurology, Histopathology) but also briefly in General Practice. She has worked as a Doctor in Neurology at the Walton Centre for Neurology and Neurosurgery, which is one of the leading centres for Neurology, Neurosurgery and Pain Management in the country.
Prior to her medical career, Emma was an Award winning Research Cell Biologist in the University of Liverpool, funded by the Wellcome Trust and the Wolfson Foundation, investigating how human cells signal to each other. As a professional Medical Cell Biologist with special expertise in the pathology and pathophysiology of disease, Dr Rhead is a Member of the Royal Society of Biology.
- Fellow of the Royal Society of Medicine (Hypnosis and Psychosomatic Medicine Section Member)
- Elected Member of Council of Hypnosis Section of the Royal Society of Medicine
- Member of the Royal Society of Biology
- General Medical Council (Fully Registered Medical Doctor)
- Complementary and Natural Health Care Council (CNHC)
- National Society of Hypnosis, Psychotherapy and Mindfulness (NSHPM)
- British Society of Clinical and Academic Hypnosis (BSCAH)
- Senior Practitioner General Hypnotherapy Standards Council (SQHP)
- Senior Practitioner General Hypnotherapy Register
- National Council for Hypnotherapy (NCH)
- The International Society of Paediatric Hypnotherapists (TISPH)
- United Kingdom Association for Solution Focused Practice (UKASFP)
- European Association for Hypno-Psychotherapy (EAHP)
- National Council of Psychotherapists (NCP)
- Federation of Holistic Therapists (FHT)
- United Kingdom Psychological Trauma Society (UKPTS)
- Mindfulness Association (MA)
- Bachelor of Medicine and Surgery with Commendation (M.B.Ch.B) (University of Liverpool 1994)
- Bachelor of Science Honours Degree in Medical Cell Biology (B.Sc.Hons) (Univ. of Liverpool 1991)
- Royal College of Physicians
- Diploma in Clinical Hypnotherapy with Distinction (Dip.Clin.Hyp)
- Diploma in Ericksonian Hypno-Psychotherapy (DEHP)
- Diploma in Paediatric (Childrens) Hypnotherapy (Dip. Hyp (Paediatrics)
- European Certificate in Clinical Hypnosis (ECCH)
- Advanced Clinical Transactional Analysis Psychotherapy
- Diploma in Stress Management
- Diploma in Regression Therapy
- Certified Hypnosis Pain Management Specialist Practitioner
- Person-Centred Counselling, Bereavement Counselling, Health Counselling
- Smoking Cessation Specialist Practitioner
- Emotional Freedom Technique (EFT)
- Certified 'Hypnotension' Practitioner
- Certified Executive and Life Coaching
- Neuro-Linguistic Programming (NLP)
- Time-Line Therapy
- Mindfulness / Meditation Teacher
- Qualified Hatha Yoga Teacher (200 hours)
- Single Session Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) (Professor Windy Dryden)
Dr Emma Rae Rhead Hypnotherapy
Safe, Effective Specialist Hypnotherapy with a Qualified Medical Doctor
Fellow of the Royal Society of Medicine (Hypnosis and Psychosomatic Medicine)
Hypnotherapy Chester, Hypnotherapy Liverpool, Hypnotherapy Harley Street London