Hypnotherapy For High Blood Pressure
What is High Blood Pressure? (also called Hypertension)
High Blood Pressure (Hypertension) is diagnosed when your blood pressure is regularly higher than recommended levels.
Why does High Blood Pressure matter?
Having high blood pressure puts extra strain on your blood vessels and your heart. This can lead to various problems around your body, including:
- cardiovascular disease such as angina (chest pain caused by reduced blood flow to the heart), stroke, heart attack, heart failure and aneurysms (swelling of your blood vessels)
- kidney disease
- problems with your vision caused by damage to the tiny blood vessels in your retina (the layer that covers the back of your eye)
Getting your blood pressure checked regularly and taking measures to control it if it’s high can help to prevent these problems.
The great news is that hypnotherapy can help you effectively tackle all the external factors that cause high blood pressure.
Check out how much you know about High Blood Pressure by taking the short quiz below.
Causes of High Blood Pressure
High blood pressure can be diagnosed as Primary or Secondary Hypertension depending on whether there is an underlying medical cause.
About 95% of people with high blood pressure have Primary (or 'Essential') Hypertension. This means there is no single, identifiable cause. Various lifestyle factors, however, contribute significantly, including:
- lack of exercise
- being overweight or obese
- drinking too much alcohol
- poor diet i.e., too much salt, too little veg and fruit
About 5% of people with high blood pressure have Secondary Hypertension. This means there is a known underlying medical cause such as:
- kidney disease
- endocrine (hormonal) diseases
- narrowing of major arteries (or the arteries leading to the kidneys)
- some medications e.g. steroids
Treatment for High Blood Pressure
Treatment for high blood pressure varies depending on how high your blood pressure is, your risk of heart disease and stroke, whether there are any secondary underlying causes.
For most people, conventional treatment will involve:
1. Medication to lower blood pressure
2. Information on making lifestyles changes
Hypnotherapy and Hypnosis for High Blood Pressure
How can Hypnotherapy help you lower your blood pressure naturally?
As a Medical Hypnotherapist who is a specialist in helping you lower your blood pressure safely and effectively, how will working with me benefit you?
When given a diagnosis of high blood pressure, your GP or nurse should talk you through the lifestyle changes you can make to lower your blood pressure.
In reality, they don't often just don’t have the time to be able to support and guide you through making these changes effectively. However, tackling the lifestyle factors that are causing your high blood pressure can be daunting alone and many people just fail to realise how effective they can be or make these changes happen in their life.
Using hypnotherapy, I, as a Chester Hypnotherapist and Harley Street Specialist, can empower you to make the changes you need to lower your blood pressure naturally, effectively and more rapidly than trying to make these changes alone.
The reality is that by tackling lifestyle factors causing your high blood pressure, you really can:
- reduce your blood pressure to normal levels
- avoid or minimise the need for blood pressure medication (and its side effects)
- lower your risk of stroke, heart, kidney and eye disease, and vascular dementia
As a Hypnotherapist who is specialist in helping you lower high blood pressure naturally, I can help you to:
- do more exercise you enjoy
- make changes to your diet, such as reducing fats and including more fruit and vegetables
- reduce the amount of salt in your diet
- lose weight
- cut down on alcohol
- reduce stress
- tackle other emotional factors that increase blood pressure eg anger, anxiety, resentment
- learn self-hypnosis to self-manage your health
- develop a regular stress management practice that suits you
Not only can I help you make the changes you need, but ENJOY maintaining your new positive healthy lifestyle!
Other changes that reduce your risk of heart disease and stroke
Quit smoking - if you have high blood pressure, you are at even greater risk if you smoke as well. You can reduce your risk of stroke and heart disease by quitting smoking. Hypnotherapy is an excellent way of stopping smoking easily and naturally with no side effects.
Do I have to stop my blood pressure medication to work with you?
I am not suggesting that hypnotherapy replaces your blood pressure medication initially. It is vital you take your blood pressure medication as prescribed.
However, we will work to address all the external factors that are exacerbating your high blood pressure and once these are significantly improved, and your blood pressure is normal, we can aim to reduce your medication slowly under the supervision of your own doctor also, as this is appropriate for your health. Clients who make the required lifestyle changes can often find they no longer need medication or only need a lower dose.
If you have high blood pressure and would like to discuss how I can help you lower your blood pressure naturally using hypnotherapy, call me (Dr Rhead) on 01244 470181 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Dr Emma Rae Rhead Hypnotherapy
Safe, Effective Specialist Hypnotherapy with a Qualified Medical Doctor
Fellow of the Royal Society of Medicine (Hypnosis and Psychosomatic Medicine)
Hypnotherapy Chester, Hypnotherapy Liverpool, Hypnotherapy Harley Street London hypnosis