About Dr Emma
Dr Emma Rae Rhead is a specialist Medical Hypnotherapist, Psychotherapist, Rapid Transformational Therapist, Anxiety Coach and UK Qualified Medical Doctor based in Chester, Cheshire and Rodney Street, Liverpool, England, UK.
Emma has more than 25 years clinical experience helping others overcome life's most challenging issues and she can help you too.
She manages a successful private practice providing transformational hypnotherapy and therapy services to clients throughout the UK and internationally. Her established practices in Chester and Rodney Street, Liverpool receives regular referral from NHS Doctors, Hospital Consultants, GPs, Dentists, Physiotherapists and other health professionals throughout the North West, Wirral, Manchester, Wales and London.
Dr Rhead is a Fellow of the Royal Society of Medicine where she is an Member of their Hypnosis and Psychosomatic Medicine Section, having served as an Elected Member of their Council and also a member of the British Society of Clinical and Academic Hypnosis (BSCAH).
Emma is one of only a few hypnotherapists in the UK to have been awarded the European Certificate in Clinical Hypnosis which is a life award recognising substantial (over 1400 hours) training and experience in the art and science of Hypno-Psychotherapy.
Emma is registered with the Complementary and Natural Healthcare Council (CNHC), is a Senior Practitioner with the General Hypnotherapy Standards Council and a member of the National Council of Psychotherapists and the Federation of Holistic Therapists and others.
Dr Rhead is a compassionate dynamic practitioner experienced in Hypnotherapy, Clinical Hypnosis, Hypno-Psychotherapy, Rapid Transformational Therapy (RTT), Coaching, Integrative Psychotherapy, Brief Solution Focused Therapy, Meditation, Mindfulness, Inner Child Therapy, Stress Management, Mind-BodyTherapies, Energy Medicine, Lifestyle Medicine, Anxiety Coaching and Holistic Chronic Disease Management.
Her extensive post-graduate therapeutic education includes training with the National College of Hypnosis and Psychotherapy (who provide training equivalent to Masters level and are one of the longest established schools of Hypnotherapy / Hypno-Psychotherapy in the UK and a recognised centre of excellence accredited by the UK Council for Psychotherapy (UKCP)), the Manchester Institute for Psychotherapy, the Royal Society of Medicine and the American School of Clinical Hypnosis.
Qualifying as a medical doctor in 1994 (University of Liverpool, UK), Dr Rhead has over a decades experience as a NHS medical doctor working predominantly within hospital medicine, where she achieved post-graduate qualification with the Royal College of Physicians. She has worked as a doctor in Neurology at the Walton Centre for Neurology and Neurosurgery, which is one of the leading centres for Neurology, Neurosurgery and Pain Management in the country. Emma began her psychotherapeutic education in 1998 and chose to leave an established NHS medical career in 2005 to work exclusively in private practice where she has passionately remained ever since.
During her career, Emma has undertaken post-graduate scientific research in human cell biology, funded by national prize awards from the Wellcome Trust and the Wolfson Foundation, investigating how human cells communicate with each other. She remains a Member of the Royal Society of Biology.
For your peace of mind, Dr Rhead is a registered medical practitioner of good standing with the General Medical Council and also a highly qualified, fully accredited, insured DBS checked and regulated therapist and anxiety coach.
MEMBERSHIP and POSITIONS
- Fellow of the Royal Society of Medicine
- Member of the Hypnosis and Psychosomatic Medicine Section (Royal Society of Medicine)
- Elected Council Member Hypnosis and Psychosomatic Medicine Royal Society of Medicine (2018)
- General Medical Council (Fully Registered Medical Doctor of Good Standing)
- Complementary and Natural Health Care Council (CNHC)
- British Society of Clinical and Academic Hypnosis (BSCAH)
- Certified RTT (Rapid Transformational Therapy) Practitioner
- Senior Practitioner General Hypnotherapy Register (GHR)
- United Kingdom Association for Solution Focused Practice
- European Association for Hypno-Psychotherapy
- Visiting Lecturer University of Keele (School of Health and Rehabilitation)
- National Council of Psychotherapists (NCP)
- Federation of Holistic Therapists (MFHT)
- British Society of Lifestyle Medicine
- Association of Comprehensive Energy Psychology
- Mindfulness Association
- Member of the Royal Society of Biology
- Bachelor of Medicine and Surgery with Commendation (M.B.Ch.B) (University Liverpool UK 1994)
- Bachelor of Science Honours Degree in Medical Cell Biology (B.Sc.Hons) (Univ. of Liverpool 1991)
- Royal College of Physicians
- Diploma in Clinical Hypnotherapy with Distinction
- Diploma in Ericksonian Hypno-Psychotherapy
- Certified RTT (Rapid Transformational Therapy) Practitioner (RTTP)
- Diploma in Regression and Regression Therapy
- Diploma in Paediatric Hypnotherapy
- Diploma in Addiction Counselling
- Diploma in Advanced Stress Management
- Diplomas (VTCT Level 3) in Body-Mind Therapy
- European Certificate in Clinical Hypnosis
- Certified Professional Life Coach
- Coach Training with Dr Amy Johnson
- Smoking Cessation Hypnosis Specialist Practitioner
- Advanced Clinical Transactional Analysis Psychotherapy
- Hypnosis Pain Management Specialist Practitioner
- Certified Hypnotension Practitioner (Hypnosis for Hypertension)
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) Single Session Therapy (Professor Windy Dryden)
- Neuro-Linguistic Programming (NLP)
- Emotional Freedom Technique (EFT)
- Thought Field Therapy (TFT)
- Hatha Yoga Teacher (Registered Yoga Alliance)
- Certified Mindfulness Coach
- Qualified Meditation Teacher
Dr Emma Rae Rhead Hypnotherapy Doctor
Powerful Results, Effective Hypnotherapy and RTT with a Qualified Medical Doctor
Practices in Chester and Rodney Street, Liverpool.
Chester Hypnotherapist | Rodney Street Liverpool Hypnotherapy | Hypnotherapy Liverpool Rodney Street | North Wales Hypnotherapist | RTT Therapist Chester | Hypnotherapy Chester, Chester Hypnotherapy, North Wales Hypnotherapy, Hypnotherapy North Wales, Hypnotherapy Wrexham, Hypnotherapy Anglesey, Hypnotherapy Llandudno, Flintshire Hypnotherapy, Hypnotherapy Wilmslow Cheshire, RTT Therapist Chester, RTT Therapist Cheshire, Rapid Transformational Therapy Liverpool