About Dr Emma Rae Rhead
Dr Emma Rae Rhead is a hlghly experienced British Medical Hypnotherapist, Psychotherapist, MInd-Body Medicine Specialist, Life Coach and Qualified Medical Doctor with more than 28 years professional experience helping others overcome life's most challenging issues.
Dr Emma offers powerful, effective, lasting solutions for a wide range of emotional, health and life issues naturally without medication or side effects. She has run an established full-time integrated therapy practice since 2005 with practices in Chester, Cheshire, Rodney Street Liverpool and Harley Street London. She has an Online Hypnotherapy Practice working with clients throughout the UK and also internationally via live video therapy and coaching..
Dr Rhead is a Fellow of the Royal Society of Medicine where she served as an Elected Council Member for the Hypnosis and Psychosomatic Medicine Section. She is also one of a rare number of medical health professionals on the referral list of the British Society of Clinical and Academic Hypnosis (BSCAH).
Emma has degrees in both Medicine and Surgery (M.B.Ch.B) and Medical Cell Biology (B.Sc (Hons).
She has extensive post-graduate training in Hypnotherapy, Hypno-Psychotherapy, Psychotherapy, Trauma-Informed Therapy, Inner Child Therapy, Mind-Body Medicine, Lifestyle Medicine, Pain Management, Counselling, Neuro-Linguistic Programming, Energy Healing, Rapid Transformational Therapy, Regression Therapy, Energy Medicine, Life Coaching, Yoga, Mindfulness and Meditation. She is one of only a handful of Hypnotherapists in the UK who have been awarded the prestigious European Certificate in Clinical Hypnosis recognising extensive training and experience in the science and art of hypno-psychotherapy.
Qualifying as a medical doctor in 1994, Dr Rhead has over a decade’s experience as a NHS medical doctor. Deeply frustrated by the lack of a holistic mind-body-spirit approach to people suffering illness, the over-reliance on prescribing medication and the lack of time to properly listen to a person's story or 'doctor', she chose to leave an established medical career in 2005 to work exclusively in private practice as a rare medically-trained hypnotherapist, hypno-psychotherapist, mind-body healing specilaist where she has passionately remained ever since.
Emma's expertise as a medical doctor is broad and includes acute medical emergencies, cardiology/coronary care, respiratory medicine, gastroenterology, older adult care, neurology, stroke medicine, intensive care medicine (ICU), general practice and pathology (both diagnostic and post-mortem pathology). She has worked as a Doctor at the Walton Centre for Neurology and Neurosurgery, UK, one of the leading centres for neurology, neuro-psychology and pain management in the world.
Prior to her medical career, Dr Emma worked as an award-winning Medical Cell Biologist studying how human cells communicate with each other and receive signals from the outside world (funded by the Wolfson Foundation and The Wellcome Trust). She remains a full member of the Royal Society of Biology.
For your peace of mind, Dr Rhead remains is a registered medical practitioner of good standing with the General Medical Council and is a fully accredited, insured, DBS checked and regulated hypnotherapist, psychotherapist, complementary therapist and coach..
- Fellow of the Royal Society of Medicine
- Hypnosis and Psychosomatic Medicine Section Member (Royal Society of Medicine)
- General Medical Council (Fully Registered Medical Doctor)
- Complementary and Natural Health Care Council (CNHC)
- British Society of Clinical and Academic Hypnosis (BSCAH)
- Certified RTT (Rapid Transformational Therapy) Practitioner
- Senior Practitioner Status with the General Hypnotherapy Register (GHR)
- European Association for Hypno-Psychotherapy
- Federation of Holistic Therapists (FHT)
- British Society of Lifestyle Medicine (BSLM)
- Association of Comprehensive Energy Psychology (ACEP)
- Mindfulness Association (MA)
- Full Member of the Royal Society of Biology
QUALIFICATIONS and TRAINING
- Bachelor of Medicine and Surgery with Commendation (M.B.Ch.B) (Liverpool UK 1994)
- Bachelor of Science Honours Degree in Medical Cell Biology (B.Sc.Hons)
- Post-Graduate Medicine - Royal College of Physicians
- Advanced Diploma Psychotherapy - Transactional Analysis
- Diploma in Clinical Hypnotherapy with Distinction
- Diploma in Ericksonian Hypno-Psychotherapy
- European Certificate in Clinical Hypnosis (ECCH)
- Rapid Transformational Therapy (Certified RTT Practitioner)
- Clinical Trauma Specialist (Emotional Trauma, Post-Traumatic Stress, PTSD, CPTSD)
- EMDR and PTSD
- Diploma in Regression and Regression Therapy
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy
- Counselling (Person-Centred and Addiction Counsellor Training)
- Neuro-Linguistic Programming
- Advanced Diploma in Stress Management
- Diplomas (VTCT) in Mind-Body Therapy
- Certified Professional Life Coach and Spiritual Life Coach
- Advanced Hypnosis Pain Management Specialist Practitioner
- Advanced Training in Energy Psychotherapy
- Emotional Freedom Technique (EFT)
- Thought Field Therapy (TFT)
- Reiki Master Teacher
- Advanced Training in Mindfulness-Based Therapy, Certified Mindfulness Coach
- Qualified Meditation Teacher
- Advanced Breathwork Practitioner
- Yoga Teacher Training (India)
Dr Emma Rae Rhead Hypnotherapy, Psychotherapy, Mind-Body Medicine, Life Coaching
Fellow of the Royal Society of Medicine
Member of the Hypnosis and Psychosomatic Medicine Section
British Society of Clinical and Academic Hypnosis
British Society of Lifestyle Medicine
Online Hypnotherapy | Hypnotherapy Online | Chester Hypnotherapy | Hypnotherapy Chester | North Wales Hypnotherapy | Hypnotherapy North Wales | Hypnotherapy Doctor | Wirral Hypnotherapy | Hypnotherapy Wirral | Harley Street Hypnotherapy | Hypnotherapy Harley Street | Harlley Street Hypnotherapist | Harley Street Specialist | Hypnotherapy Cheshire | Cheshire Hypnotherapy | Health Anxiety Hypnotherapy | Mind-Body Healing Expert | Mind-Body Medicine | Mind-Body Coaching