About Dr Emma Rae Rhead
Dr Emma Rae Rhead is a hlghly experienced Medical Hypnotherapist, Psychotherapist and Medical Doctor with more than 25 years professional experience helping others overcome life's most challenging issues.
Dr Emma specialises in helping women overcome anxiety, panic attacks, post-traumatic stress, emotional trauma, IBS and a range of stress-related and chronic health problems naturally without medication or side effects. Emma has offering private hypnotherapy and psychotherapy services at her established Chester Hypnotherapy Practice. She has also worked as a Medical Hypnotherapy Specialist in Harley Street, London and Rodney Street, Liverpool.
Dr Rhead is a Fellow of the Royal Society of Medicine where she was invited to serve as an Elected Council Member for the Hypnosis and Psychosomatic Medicine Section in 2018. She is also on the referral list of the British Society of Clinical and Academic Hypnosis (BSCAH).
Emma has degrees in both Medicine and Surgery (M.B.Ch.B) and Medical Cell Biology (B.Sc (Hons) from the University of Liverpool.
She has extensive post-graduate training and qualifications in Medicine, Holistic Medicine, Hypnotherapy, Hypno-Psychotherapy, Psychotherapy, Psychosensory Therapies, Anxiety Treatment, Trauma Therapy, Pain Management, Counselling, Neuro-Linguistic Programming, Energy Psychology, Rapid Transformational Therapy, Energy Medicine, Coaching, Mindfulness, Yoga and Meditation. She is one of only a handful of Hypnotherapists in the UK who have been awarded the prestigious European Certificate in Clinical Hypnosis recognising extensive training and experience in the science and art of hypno-psychotherapy.
Prior to her medical career, Emma worked as a Molecular Cell Biologist studying how human cells communicate with each other. This research was funded by the prestigious Wellcome Trust and the Wolfson Foundation. She remains a full member of the Royal Society of Biology.
Emma is registered with the Complementary and Natural Healthcare Council (CNHC) and is a Senior Practitioner with the General Hypnotherapy Standards Council.
Qualifying as a medical doctor in 1994, Dr Rhead has over a decade’s experience as a NHS medical doctor, working predominantly within hospital medicine. Frustrated by the lack of a holistic mind-body-spirit approach to the treatment of people suffering illness and the lack of time to properly 'doctor', she chose to leave an established medical career in 2005 to work exclusively in private practice as a rare medically-trained psychotherapist/hypnotherapist and holistic health physician where she has passionately remained ever since.
For your peace of mind, Dr Rhead remains is a registered medical practitioner of good standing with the General Medical Council and is a fully accredited, insured, DBS checked and regulated therapist.
- Fellow of the Royal Society of Medicine
- Hypnosis and Psychosomatic Medicine Section Member (Royal Society of Medicine)
- General Medical Council (Fully Registered Medical Doctor)
- Complementary and Natural Health Care Council (CNHC)
- British Society of Clinical and Academic Hypnosis (BSCAH)
- National Society of Hypnosis, Psychotherapy and Mindfulness.
- Certified RTT (Rapid Transformational Therapy) Practitioner
- Senior Practitioner Status with the General Hypnotherapy Register (GHR)
- European Association for Hypno-Psychotherapy
- Federation of Holistic Therapists (FHT)
- British Society of Lifestyle Medicine
- Association of Comprehensive Energy Psychology (ACEP)
- Member of the Mindfulness Association (MA)
- Full Member of the Royal Society of Biology
QUALIFICATIONS and TRAINING
- Bachelor of Medicine and Surgery with Commendation (M.B.Ch.B) (University Liverpool UK 1994)
- Bachelor of Science Honours Degree in Medical Cell Biology (B.Sc.Hons) (Univ. Liverpool 1991)
- Post-Graduate Medicine - Royal College of Physicians
- Advanced Diploma Psychotherapy - Transactional Analysis
- Diploma in Clinical Hypnotherapy with Distinction
- Diploma in Ericksonian Hypno-Psychotherapy
- European Certificate in Clinical Hypnosis (ECCH)
- Rapid Transformational Therapy (Certified RTT Practitioner)
- Clinical Trauma Specialist (Emotional Trauma, Post-Traumatic Stress, PTSD, CPTSD)
- EMDR and PTSD
- Diploma in Regression and Regression Therapy
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy
- Diploma in Paediatric Hypnotherapy
- Person-Centred Counselling
- Addiction Counselling
- Neuro-Linguistic Programming
- Advanced Diploma in Stress Management
- Diplomas (VTCT) in Body-Mind Therapy
- Certified Professional Life Coach
- Advanced Hypnosis Pain Management Speciallist Practitioner
- Advanced Training Cognitive Behavioural Therapy
- Advanced Training in Energy Psychotherapy ( inc.Havening)
- Emotional Freedom Technique (EFT)
- Thought Field Therapy (TFT)
- Advanced Training in Mindfulness-Based Therapy, Certified Mindfulness Coach
- Qualified Meditation Teacher
- Advanced Breathwork Practitioner
- Qualified Certified Hatha Yoga Teacher
Dr Emma Rae Rhead Hypnotherapy Doctor
Powerful Results, Effective Chester Hypnotherapy with a Qualified Medical Doctor
Online Hypnotherapy | Online Hypnotherapist
Anxiety Specialist | Health Anxiety Specialist | Trauma Therapist | Trauma Therapy | Online Anxiety Treatment | | Hypnotherapy for Anxiety and Panic Attacks | Health Anxiety Specialist | Medical Hypnotherapy | Medical Hypnotherapist | Hypnotherapy Doctor | Trauma Hypnotherapy | Online Hypnotherapist | Online Hypnosis | | Online Anxiety Treatment