Dr Emma Rae Rhead. Medical Hypnotherapist and Hypno-Psychotherapist
Emma has more than 25 years clinical experience helping others overcome life's most challenging issues and she can help you too.
As a Hypnotherapist who is also a Qualified Medical Doctor, she manages a successful private practice providing professional, integrated modern hypnotherapy and psychotherapy services to clients throughout the UK and internationally. Her established practice receives regular referral from NHS Doctors, Hospital Consultants, GPs and other health professionals.
Dr Rhead is a Fellow of the Royal Society of Medicine where she is an active Member of their Hypnosis and Psychosomatic Medicine Section, having served as an Elected Member of the Council 2017-2018.
Dr Rhead is one of only 25 hypnosis health professionals in the UK on the referral list of the British Society of Clinical and Academic Hypnosis (BSCAH) which is a professional organisation exclusively registering doctors, dentists, psychologists and other health professionals who are specifically trained in the use of clinical hypnosis for medical conditions.
Dr Rhead is a compassionate dynamic practitioner experienced in Hypnotherapy, Clinical Hypnosis, Hypno-Psychotherapy, Integrative Psychotherapy, Brief Solution Focused Therapy, Mindfulness, Inner Child Therapy, Stress Management, Body-Mind Therapies, Lifestyle Medicine, Health Coaching, Holistic Chronic Disease Management, Yoga, Breathwork and Meditation.
Her post-graduate therapeutic education includes training with the National College of Hypnosis and Psychotherapy (who provide training equivalent to Masters level, and are one of the longest established schools of Hypnotherapy / Hypno-Psychotherapy in the UK and a recognised centre of excellence accredited by the UK Council for Psychotherapy (UKCP)), the Manchester Institute for Psychotherapy and the American School of Clinical Hypnosis.
Emma is one of only a few hypnotherapists in the UK to have been awarded the European Certificate in Clinical Hypnosis which is a life award recognising substantial (over 1400 hours) training and experience in the art and science of Hypno-Psychotherapy.
Emma is a Senior Practitioner with the General Hypnotherapy Standards Council and a member of the National Council for Hypnotherapy, the National Council of Psychotherapists and the National Society of Hypnotherapy, Psychotherapy and Mindfulness.
Qualifying as a medical doctor in 1994 (University of Liverpool), Dr Rhead has over a decades experience as a NHS medical doctor working predominantly within hospital medicine, where she achieved post-graduate qualifications with the Royal College of Physicians. She has worked as a doctor in Neurology at the Walton Centre for Neurology and Neurosurgery, which is one of the leading centres for Neurology, Neurosurgery and Pain Management in the country.
During her medical career, Emma has undertaken Ph.D level research in human cell biology at the University of Liverpool, funded by the Wellcome Trust and the Wolfson Foundation, investigating how human cells signal to each other. As a professional Medical Cell Biologist with special expertise in the pathology and pathophysiology of disease, Dr Rhead is a Member of the Royal Society of Biology.
- Fellow of the Royal Society of Medicine
- Member of Hypnosis and Psychosomatic Medicine Section, Royal Society of Medicine
- General Medical Council (Fully Registered Medical Doctor)
- Complementary and Natural Health Care Council (CNHC)
- National Society of Hypnosis, Psychotherapy and Mindfulness (NSHPM)
- British Society of Clinical and Academic Hypnosis (BSCAH Referral list)
- Senior Practitioner General Hypnotherapy Standards Council (SQHP)
- Senior Practitioner General Hypnotherapy Register (GHR)
- Past Life Therapist's Association
- National Council for Hypnotherapy (NCH)
- United Kingdom Association for Solution Focused Practice (UKASFP)
- European Association for Hypno-Psychotherapy (EAHP)
- National Council of Psychotherapists (NCP)
- Federation of Holistic Therapists (MFHT)
- British Society of Lifestyle Medicine (BSLM)
- The International Society of Paediatric Hypnotherapists (TISPH)
- Mindfulness Association (MA)
- Yoga Alliance Registered Yoga Teacher (200 hrs RYT) Sivananda
- 'Skillful Mind' Meditation Leader
- Member of the Royal Society of Biology
- Bachelor of Medicine and Surgery with Commendation (M.B.Ch.B) (University of Liverpool 1994)
- Bachelor of Science Honours Degree in Medical Cell Biology (B.Sc.Hons) (Univ. of Liverpool 1991)
- Royal College of Physicians
- Diploma in Clinical Hypnotherapy with Distinction (Dip.Clin.Hyp)
- Diploma in Ericksonian Hypno-Psychotherapy (DEHP)
- Diploma in Paediatric Hypnotherapy (Dip. Hyp (Paediatrics)
- European Certificate in Clinical Hypnosis (ECCH)
- Advanced Clinical Transactional Analysis Psychotherapy
- Diploma in Stress Management
- Diploma in Past Life Regression and Past Life Therapy
- Hypnosis Pain Management Specialist Practitioner
- Single Session Cognitive Behavioural Therapy
- VTCT Level 3 Diplomas in Complementary Therapies
- 'Skillful Mind' Meditation Leader
- Person-Centred Counselling
- Smoking Cessation Specialist Practitioner
- Certified 'Hypnotension' Practitioner
- Qualified Hatha Yoga Teacher (Yoga Alliance 200hr Registered Yoga Teacher)
If you have any questions about Dr Rhead or her Chester Hypnotherapy Practice, please don't hesitate to contact her to discuss.
Dr Emma Rae Rhead Hypnotherapy
Safe, Effective Specialist Hypnotherapy with a Qualified Medical Doctor
Fellow of the Royal Society of Medicine (Hypnosis and Psychosomatic Medicine)
Hypnotherapy Chester, Hypnotherapy Liverpool, Hypnotherapy Harley Street London