Boost your motivation to cut down on Alcohol: Focus on the slim new you!
It’s well known by health psychologists, as I’m sure you know yourself, that just knowing something is causing you harm does not always stop you doing it!
You may know full well that you are drinking more than is good for you, but is that knowledge enough on its own to make you cut down on the alcohol . As humans, we tend to need more tangible motivations! Something good to gain!
Looking forward to losing weight can be that motivating factor that can really help you cut your drinking down. There are many ways that alcohol negatively impacts on your weight. Here are just some of them:
1. Alcohol is jam-packed full of calories! More than most people realise
Did you know one glass of wine contains the same calories as an ice-cream! Can you imagine eating several ice-cream cones in an evening like you might drink glasses of wine while watching TV of an evening?? Yuk!
Or did you know one AlcoPop is the same calorie content as a slice of Pizza!
Realising now why the weight might not be shifting even when you don’t feel you eat very much??
Have a look at the Drinkaware link here to find out some surprises for your self.https://www.drinkaware.co.uk/check-the-facts/health-effects-of-alcohol/a...
2. Alcohol boosts your appetite, so you eat more than you would have done without the drink
3. Alcohol slows down your metabolism, so what you do eat is burnt up slow much slower in your system.
4. Drinking impairs your decision making and clouds your judgement, making your more likely to plump for the junk food option than the healthier choice you would have made before the alcohol.
5. Drinking reduces motivation. All the best plans for a slim new you, or a healthy diet or getting fit go out the window, not just at the time of drinking, but next day when you are nursing some degree of hangover effect (however slight), even a few days to come
6. Alcohol is a central nervous system depressant, so it lowers your mood. In my experience of helping people cut down on their drinking, clients generally are not fully aware of how much the alcohol is the cause of their low mood; they tend to put their depressed mood down to other things. When we are low, were more likely to over eat and comfort eat, again leading to more calorie intake.
Being fully aware of all the ways drinking makes you fat! can really boost your motivation to cut it out, or cut it down.
Just think, by cutting back on drink, you’ll be gaining the rewards of a slimmer, healthy, happier ‘lighter on your feet ‘new you. Its easy to make changes when you FOCUS ON WHAT YOU WILL GAIN as a result.
Note. If you are a heavy drinker or you’ve been drinking over the safe limits of alcohol for a while, its always best to check with your doctor first before abruptly stopping or significantly cutting back on your regular alcohol consumption.
Hypnotherapy can be an effective and useful tool in reducing your alcohol consumption, alone or alongside other help and support. For Hypnotherapy and Hypnosis to control Alcohol in Chester, contact Dr Emma Rae Rhead on 01244 470181 to find out how she can help you reduce your drinking habit or live sober.