Frequently Asked Questions
Having run successful in person private hypnotherapy and coaching practices for many years in Chester, Cheshire, Harley Street London and Rodney Street Liverpool, demand for private 1-to-1 work from clients throughout the UK and internationally means that my practice now runs entirely online via live video for your convenience.
Online hypnotherapy and coaching is just as effective as working in person, in fact, often more so, because you are in the comfort of your own environment and space.
Yes. You cannot be made to do anything or taken into hypnosis against your will. You are always the one in control.
Coaching, in its simplest form, is the art and science of helping people get more out of themselves and their lives than they can do on their own.
I specialise in coaching women via my holistic transformative coaching approach that helps women rise to embody the highest version of themselves not just related to their specific goals, but in every area of life.
My approach to coaching aims to brings real growth, genuine results and authentic success that lasts, whatever the main focus you wish to bring to the coaching relationship, be it difficult emotions, mindset, health, happiness, inner peace, business, money, relationships, creativity or spirituality.
Yes. Hypnosis is a natural, yet powerful, process that human beings have an ‘in built’ ability to enter. All you need to receive the phenomenal benefits of hypnosis is the desire and curiosity to experience it!
Hypnosis is a natural, pleasant state in which you are more aware of your internal experience than the world around you. It is a state of inner focus, peace and clarity within a calm, soft and relaxed body.
Most people will describe their experience as deeply relaxing, refreshing and powerful enlightening.
Hypnosis is a powerful, natural phenomenon, or state of mind, which allows positive change and healing to occur more easily than the normal busy ‘daily life’ brain can allow.
A bit like the clutch on a car, it allows changing to a better gear to be considerable easier and smoother than trying to change gear without it!
When you are in a state of hypnosis, you will find
• Your conscious ‘thinking’ mind becomes more relaxed, allowing your subconscious mind to become more receptive to positive changes and suggestions which are designed to help you. These positive suggestions ‘stick’ more easily in hypnosis than in the normal waking state.
• It can be easier to recognise your true feelings, motivations, needs and desires so that you can take the appropriate action.
• You have greater access to the intuitive, wisest parts of yourself and your inner resources, allowing you to find new creative solutions more easily to problems that may have been a struggle in daily life.
• We can often get to the root cause of a problem or a symptom more easily, allowing this to be resolved at a deeper level and more rapidly than therapy without hypnosis might allow.
You can read more about hypnosis and hypnotherapy here https://www.chesterhypnotherapy.co.uk/hypnotherapy
No, although clients who relax deeply into hypnosis may feel as if they drift in and out of sleep momentarily, hypnosis is actually a mentally active state, quite different from sleep. It can be thought of, however, as a 'sleep of the nervous system' in which deep restful, transformation, upgrading and healing can occur. Most people remain aware of their surroundings and can recall each hypnosis session.
Yes, most clients will consciously remember the vast majority of what goes on during hypnosis.
‘Hypnosis’ refers to the phenomenon itself - the state of heightened suggestibility where the subconscious mind is 'closer to the surface' and the conscious mind, which is often busy and thinking in day-to-day life, is more peaceful.
‘Hypnotherapy’ is the use of hypnosis within a therapy experience to help a person make positive change safely, effectively and often rapidly.
I work with clients within the UK and internationally via online therapy delivered via video conferencing (Zoom, WhatsApp). We can see each other and talk together, just as if we are in the same room. All you need is an internet connection and a smart phone, iPad or computer.
I have been working online since 2015 and find it just as effective as in-person session, in fact, in truth, more so.
My results for clients have actually INCREASED working online.
There are a few reasons for this I believe:
1. You can be in the comfort of your own home or space, which is much more conducive to positive change. I consider you are inviting me into your space (my true honour) and its so much less 'wrong footing' than having to attend some strangers therapy office. You can be, and relax, however you want to do so.
2. There is no stress and worry about arriving late, directions, parking, taxis or expensive overnight stays.
3. You are able to relax after the session not rushing away or driving. This allows you to deeply integrate the positive shifts and energetic upgrades into your nervous system, thus allowing the rewiring of new positive neural pathways formed in session to begin to develop.
Of course we have the additional benefits of:
- No petrol miles, keeping cars off the road.
- No risk of transmission of Coronavirus, or even having to consider precautions around that, which you may agree is hardly relaxing, in any context. We don't have to even consider this.
Yes, you can be hypnotised online. I have been providing online services via video conferencing to women throughout the UK and beyond for several years. The services I offer are completely safe and just as effective as if I was in the room with you.
Unfortunately, although I am highly trained to work with children and teens, my practice at present specialises in working with women over 18 years only.